For those of you who don't already know, we enrolled Sam in preK through Maxdale Elementary here in Killeen. Meet the Teacher night was Thursday. Just one week prior I find out that Killeen ISD only allows children of active duty, homeless, and English as a second language into the preK program. I had a bad feeling going into it once I heard that. Then we went to the school to meet her teacher and low and behold...let's just say it wasn't a good experience. Needless to say, I left there so stirred up and was crying uncontrollably for 3 hours after. We'll just blame that on pregnancy hormones, ok!
I went the next morning to check out Memorial Christian Academy, the private school in town. The people there were incredibly outgoing and sweet, her prospective teacher was adorable and was loving Sam. I was hooked right away. We can't really afford it, but we are going to make it work! Both Greg and I are pleased with the decision we made.
So...Memorial Christian Academy, watch out...Sam's coming!!!
For those grandparents that are curious, here is their website so you can check out their awesomeness!!! http://www.mcawarriors.com/index.html
Here are a few pics from our morning:
{Coming in to wake up Sam this morning at 6:45am; we didn't wake up Madi until 7am}
{Downstairs, still not wanting to wake up!}
{Eating breakfast}
{the first day of school breakfast: eggs, bacon, biscuits with jelly, strawberries, and a smoothie!}
{All dressed up in her "uniform" for school}
{Tried to get a shot of the awesome bow I made last night to match the uniform}
{The backpack!}
{The lunchbox! Sam walking into school}
{Madi helping carry in school supplies (Sam's kindermat to be exact)}
{Sam sitting at her spot in her class}
{Awww...Mommy and Sam! I am so excited for her!}
{Sam's classroom, Sam sitting with her back to us, and me talking to her teacher in the back}
{Sam and her new teacher, Ms. Katherine}
{Sam and Madi giving each other goodbye hugs!}
After dropping off Sam, when we pulled up to the house to get out, Madi told us she wanted to go to her class! It was so cute, and sad. We told her that her school doesn't start for two weeks. Then she said, "But I want my Sam!" Since we've been home Madi has already asked for Sam a few times, and made her a few things in her kitchen. She misses her so much!



No comments:
Post a Comment