Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Alison's wedding shower/bachelorette party weekend

 

 


I had such a good time planning Alison's bridal shower along with the other bridesmaids! I took care of all the invitations, decorations, games, and half of the food. I love party planning!! The first picture is of the bridesmaids with Ashleigh, Alison's niece and flower girl. The second picture is of the most adorably funny shower game I found online called "The Lifelong Panty Line!" It is a hilarious poem giving the bride all the panties she'll need for special occasions in her marriage! From the wedding night to having their first child, to when they are old and senile (thus the granny panties with a thong stitched on them). It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time! If you are participating in a bridal shower anytime in the future, you MUST check out this as an activity for the party! Sure to make everyone laugh! You can find the poem here: http://www.diva-girl-parties-and-stuff.com/panty-poem.html (we changed up the ending of the poem to fit the thong sewed onto granny panties bit that we added ourselves)
For the bachelorette party we just hung out by their pool, sipped on fruity drinks, talked and talked, and ate the plethora of food left over from the shower, and talked more late into the night. It was so great getting to know some of Alison's closest friends that I had never met. And it was even more fun having 'girl talk' with family!
My first weekend away from the kids and it was so much fun! I will certainly have to take more weekends off! haha

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment