Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Greg's homecoming!

 
Posted by Picasa


I'm trying something new with the photo collage...I hope it works, as it will make catching up with you much easier! You can click on the picture to blow it up some.

5:30am we were dressed and loaded in the car to go FINALLY pick up Daddy, after being gone for just over a year. I wasn't as nervous this time as I was last time. I guess the kids kept me grounded. It was cold! When I bought their outfits I didn't know the homecoming would be before the sun had risen. We powered through though. Sam was so tired and basically vegged on my shoulder until it was time to run to Daddy. Madison, my sweet little Madison who seems to function perfectly on no sleep at all, was just enjoying herself and the new surroundings. The McIlvoy kids came down to greet Greg with us, and Frank (an old infantry buddy of Greg's) came with his daughter. When the buses drove away and the guys marched forward, all those same butterflies rushed back from last time...and every time I see the love of my life! The Commander spoke VERY briefly, then ended his few words with "CHARGE!" The crowds dispersed as everyone starting looking for their families. I had prepped Greg to look for the orange and purple balloons that the girls would be wearing, but we didn't take into account all the wind, so by the end they were a tangled mess. But, it worked anyway. We didn't get very many pictures because Madeline's camera battery died just as the Commander said Charge. And of course I wasn't in the frame of mind to be taking pictures. We were in the middle of the sea of uniforms when I spotted him, just as he is reaching out and grabbing Sam...she didn't see him and was running past him! They all looked alike to the kids! But, finally we found him and all was right with the world. We had Daddy back. He was home at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment