Saturday, June 27, 2009

Another blog

I wanted so badly to have Greg take pictures this deployment so we could see what was going on over there, and I wanted the girls to enjoy looking at the pictures as well. We got such a great idea from a friend of ours (and from the cell phone commercials).....and the idea for Pablo was born. Pablo from Backyardigans that is. Sam and Madison (especially Sam) love watching Backyardigans.
So, I went out before Greg left and found a mini Pablo. We packed him away with Greg's carry on and when he landed in Kuwait their adventure together began!
I was more than a little worried that Greg would not want to do this project - there are so many reasons why...he hates pictures, he would have to have another soldier take a picture of him with a cheesy stuffed animal, and the list goes on...but to my surprise, a week ago he sent me about 80 pictures that he had already taken!!! Pablo even found a friend (his friend Tony brought along Grover from Sesame Street for his children).
So, for those of you that are interested in watching Pablo's adventure unfold....or just want to see pictures of the things Greg is doing over in Iraq (and don't mind the occasional blue bird in the picture), here is the link to our new blog. (I am just starting to get the pictures uploaded so it may take a few days to get all 80 completed)
http://samandmadisonvanhorn.blogspot.com/
The idea is to have this as a separate blog because I found out you can now turn your blogs into printed books! So, at the end of the deployment I will have this blog printed into a book for the girls to keep!I hope you enjoy!!

*Please use the link to get to the other blog. It is set up to be private just as this one is so you will not be able to just type it in the address bar to get to it. Feel free to add yourself as a follower over there too. If you do that (and have the free account for blogger) you will have one place, called a dashboard, to check for updates to all of the blogs that you follow.

**Update on Greg-- He is excited because one of the other guys in his Company has been sick for a few days so he is taking ALL of his fly time, as well as his own. Technically the guys are not supposed to be flying as much, but you know Greg...he can always get what he wants!!! He has gotten to fly the last 6 days straight!!!!! He is also keeping busy getting all of the NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical - gas masks and such) stuff ready for change of command. He is in charge of keeping everyone trained and making any repairs or changes to the NBC stuff -- I am sure Greg is laughing at my lack of proper terminology right now. Other than that he says there is nothing new to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment