I will post either later tonight or tomorrow after my playgroup 4th of July party what has been going on this week for us, but I wanted to let you in on this...
At 3 1/2 years old, Sam has mastered the art of bargaining. When I say she has mastered it, I mean she really has mastered it. Just about every dinner we end up haggling over how many bites of food she has to take before she can be all done. It all starts with, "Sam, eat your food." Then Sam says, "two bites Mommy?" And I say, "No, you haven't eaten anything, you have to eat at least 4 bites." Then Sam says, "hmmm...how 'bout free(3) bites Mommy?" The first few times she did that I just had to laugh and say OK. Lately, Sam has been on a "ten more minutes" kick. Everything needs 10 more minutes. So just a few minutes ago I had just come down from putting Madison to sleep for her nap. I told Sam, "5 minutes and it's naptime." Sam chimes back with, "No Mommy I need ten more minutes, then it can be naptime." I say, "Umm...NO...5 minutes and naptime." And a split second after I said that I hear...."how 'bout 7 more minutes Mommy?" No time to think about what comes between 5 and 10...bam...she knew right away and we hadn't even had a similar conversation before. Boy she is smart. And already a master at bargaining. Look out teenage years!
Speaking of numbers......I am SOOOOO thrilled to announce that Miss Madison can count to 10 all by herself: "one, tooo, free, fore, fy, sis, seben, ate, ny, tin!" I keep trying to catch it on video to post but she gets camera shy. Hopefully soon I can show you how cute she is counting...and singing her ABC's!!! 20 months old, singing her ABC's and counting. By gosh I think I am going to brag and say I have TWO little smart ones!!!!!
*Nothing new to update on Greg. He got to fly 6 days in a row (covering another guys shifts) which was awesome for him, then he only got put on the schedule for 2 days the following week. He had some choice words for the Platoon Leader, to say the least! Otherwise, he is doing great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment