Madison much preferred to just stay on the playground side of the splash pad/park. She loved crawling up the rock wall and jumping down the steps just to do it all over again.

Then Sam got sick the day before a playdate and has literally been abominable ever since. She seemed to get better Wednesday afternoon, and aside from the attitude, she seemed fine Thursday and Friday. We had our playgroup 4th of July party on Friday at the house. We had a bike parade down our street and then BBQ'd hamburgers and hot dogs. We had a bunch of people here, but I still think it was a good time!


Then we woke up Saturday with my Mom and Dad here and had a low key morning before we went to the Freedom Fest on post, then had smores with our neighbors across the street while we watched the fireworks. We put the girls down at 10:30pm but Sam never went to sleep. She started calling out to me at 11:15 and was sick again. Yesterday was tough...I screamed...I cried...I did everything but what I wanted to do -- strangle my kids!!
So now...just when I get one big event behind me, I bring on something even bigger! Swim lessons start again today (and I just remembered this last night), I have to get Sam into the doctor, we are supposed to be at a playdate tomorrow and Wednesday, I'm meeting a couple of pending members for the group, I have a house to clean after the holiday, bills to pay, groceries to buy, exterminator to come, lawn to mow, baby shower to plan and prepare for, and I have to get ready for our family reunion this weekend! Though I guess I wouldn't be myself if I wasn't going 90 to nothin'!! (what does that phrase even mean anyway?)
**Update on Greg -- Nothing new. They haven't been able to fly due to dust storms, so he is working in Headquarters to get the NBC stuff good to go. He said he is "all movied out!"



No comments:
Post a Comment