


I took the girls to get their very first hair cut on Thursday. Yes, Sam has NEVER had a hair cut...and I still didn't want to cut her hair but it was growing into a 'V' and was starting to lose the curl. Apparently salons strictly for kids are popping up all over the place. I found a place in Round Rock called Snip Its to take them, and boy am I glad I did! When you walk into this store it looks as though you are walking into a Dr. Seuss book. Everything was exaggerated and brightly colored and built just for the kids! Each salon chair was the perfect size for kids and each had its own TV that played short animated films, and it even had video games for the older kids. The stylist comes to the kids with bubbles, animal crackers, and a sucker. There are also lots of toys around for them to play with. When she was finished cutting (which they do super fast by the way) she decorated their hair with jewels and ribbon. The boy that got his hair cut before us cried the entire time, so naturally Sam didn't want to get her hair cut. So we had Madison go first, who was a bit apprehensive...that is until they gave her food. When it was Sam's turn she cried too......until they brought out the bubbles, then she was great! She actually liked it and didn't want to get down. She especially loved the jewels in her hair. They were given a plastic card (like a kid-friendly debit card) on an elastic band for their wrist to wear during the hair cut. When they completed their hair cuts the kids get to walk over to a really cool machine and drop their card into the slot and out spits a prize!! How cool is that?? They had a 'first hair cut' package that included a certificate and keepsake bag with their hair in it. I also used a coupon found on their website for each of the girls, making the total come out to...less than Wal-Mart's child cut!
No comments:
Post a Comment