It was a tough day, but we made it. We dropped Greg off at 10:30am for arms check, and the girls and I went to a nearby park awaiting Greg's call to say they are headed to the gym. About an hour later we got the call and headed over to meet him at the gym on West Ft. Hood. It was crowded and noisy. We stayed inside long enough for me to find the guys from Greg's unit that were leaving with him so I could give them some homemade cookies and brownies; then we went outside. After hanging around for about 30 minutes the girls and I went to get all of us something to eat. We came back and ate lunch with Daddy, then we said our goodbye's. It was hard on all of us (especially Daddy), so we decided to cut the goodbye's short instead of waiting around for the buses to come take the guys. It was easier to take the girls and leave, than it would have been to watch Daddy go. So, around 2:00pm we left. I was crying on the way home and Sam asked me what was wrong. I told her that I was sad because we just had to say goodbye to Daddy for a long time, then I said it's ok to be sad. Sam said to me (I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget...I know I'm a dork), "It's OK Mommy...Don't be sad...Just feel happy." It was at that moment that I stopped sobbing and I haven't sobbed since. As a friend told me today, it's called being a mom...you do what you have to do.
Ok, Now I am sobing. I have to remember what Sam said....She has it right. We all have a tough job doing this Army life. I will keep Greg in my thoughts always!Ok...I'm going to go blow my nose now.
*This is a private blog that I wish to keep just between me and my family and friends. Please respect that.* I am a SAHM to three amazing little girls. I hope to soon finish school and one day be working at a hospital again, but for now I am enjoying every second I get with my girls! What few precious moments I have to myself, I like crafting of all kinds, party planning, and stalking blogs!
Ok, Now I am sobing. I have to remember what Sam said....She has it right. We all have a tough job doing this Army life. I will keep Greg in my thoughts always!Ok...I'm going to go blow my nose now.
ReplyDelete