I wasn't expecting to hear from Greg for some time but...we heard from him today!! He called just as I was about to put the girls to sleep. The girls got to talk to him...Sam told him all about the new pool we got (will show it off when we get it set up), and that Mommy said we could swim in our bathing suits after a short nap - I love how she is getting so detailed with what she has to say!! Even Madison talked to him. It was so great hearing from him!! He was able to call from a free DSN line, and the caller ID had a local area code; I was so confused and didn't even realize it was him at first! teeheehee
So here's the update:
Greg landed in Kuwait after a 23 hour flight. He said the flight was uneventful for the most part. They flew out of Killeen and stopped in Bangor, Maine to refuel (he called for a few minutes from here), then again to refuel in Germany. They had about a 2 hour layover, then boarded back onto the plane...but they then had to wait 2 hours to get clearance to taxi out; he said it was hot and almost no air was moving! Then, finally they were able to take off, and they landed safely in Kuwait. It is not as hot as Greg thought it would be, but he said it is extremely windy, so he is eating sand constantly!
He was able to take half of the day to sleep once they landed! But, now they are headed to the port to wait for their helicopters to come in by boat; he will probably be there for a few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It's been a long time since I talked to Greg and I didn't know that he was deployed again. Jen, I just have to say how much I admire your strength and nurturing motherly instincts. Thank you so much for launching this blog!
ReplyDeleteGreg, you have such a wonderful wife!! Be careful, get the job done and know that you will be in my prayers every day!