Wednesday, May 27, 2009

How are we?

Everyone has been asking how we are...me and the girls. Well, for the most part I think we truly are doing OK although tonight at dinner sums up my feelings completely. Let me start by saying I had an electrical issue today that I desperately wanted Greg here for...I even emailed him - like he would really be able to pick up the phone and call me back right away. Then, when I figured out the issue all by myself I was so proud I wanted so badly to tell him I did it! Now, dinner was done, the girls were playing outside, and Greg should have been sitting in the recliner. I dished up the girls plates and called for them to come in for dinner. Then...I pulled out two dinner plates. For a split second I thought Greg would have been here for dinner. I don't think I have truly come to the realization that he is in fact gone for a year, that he will not be here for dinner every night, that I don't have him to say goodnight to, and wake up to every morning.
So, on the surface we are doing great. We are keeping ourselves busy with activities, errands, playtime, etc...but occasionally, when time slows down for a few minutes, I can't help but think about how our lives are forever altered {well, for a year at least}.

No comments:

Post a Comment