We had the most amazing time in AL visiting Miss Shannon, Blake, Miss Debbie, Davis, and Mitchell, and of course we can't leave out Larry and Brent (the Dad's who were kind enough to put up with us girls and our brood for a week). The girls and I ran around like crazy jumping between Shannon and Debbie's house in between playing, taking pictures, helping with garage sales, shopping, visiting family, and of course Debbie having to pack to move. We did not get to see everyone we intended to see and for that I apologize. But we are hoping to make it out there one last time in July before Shannon and her family leave too.
We are trying to get back in the swing of things here. School (Moms Day Out) only has two weeks left and Madison is now officially registered to start in the Fall...so I will have 5 blissful hours to myself twice a week (though I will miss them terribly, yes I really will). I just fought with the lawn mower (Greg's huge zero-turn radius monstrosity) and I won though there may be a few scratches on the corners of the house and porch! The little pool will be ready for the girls tomorrow and they could not be more ready.
I have much to add in the next few days but for now I wanted to give you the latest update on Greg. After six missed calls in a 3 hour period (which is like a million calls in Greg's world) he was finally able to get through yesterday. We were able to talk for about 20 minutes because he will not be able to call for at least a few days. He is, as I write this, on his way into Iraq. He left yesterday (our yesterday). They are flying their helicopters up there, though he is taking a plane. They only brought half of their fleet of helicopters with them, because the guys they are relieving will leave them half of theirs (and will take half of Gregs' crews back in Texas). Their last night in Kuwait the AC went out in their tent, which kept him up half of the night, which resulted in his repeated calling that I am SOOOO thankful for.
I have his address but I will not post it until I get the clear from him or the FRG leader that it is still accurate as it has already changed a few times.
Please keep him in your prayers as they head up there. It is indisputable that Greg will be in his element while there, but that does not mean I can't (quietly) worry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment