Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wonderful News

I have been chomping at the bit to tell you of our wonderful news, and I am uber excited to now be able to!!!

I really didn't think it would be possible for me to get pregnant during the time that Greg came home, but I am so excited to say that I was wrong!!!! The morning of Thursday 7Jan09, I was taking a shower and thought...hmmm, I should start at some point today so wouldn't it be funny if I took a pregnancy test (I know, you could have gone without that information but I am all about full disclosure baby). As I was finishing up my shower I thought, I just might have one pregnancy test left over from Madison (I knew I was pregnant with Madison a couple of weeks before the test came up positive...I just bought a bunch of tests and kept taking them until finally it was positive!). I dug through my recently reorganized bathroom cabinets and found the test. I did what I had to do...you know...then waited. I laughed to myself thinking I wonder if this test even still works, it's about 3 years old. And right there before my eyes, as it moved across the screen, one line...two lines!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We did it...we actually did it!!!!!
I came straight down stairs and turned on the computer anxiously waiting to see if Greg was online so I could give him the big news! When we got online he said can we talk later because I have no microphone right now (he had been installing new drivers so his microphone was temporarily not working)? I did the little school girl shrug, saying...NO it can't wait, I have to talk to you now! He could see me and hear me and I could see him, I just couldn't hear him. So, when he said we could go ahead and talk I just held up the pregnancy test. Greg looked at it questioningly, then held up a thumbs up sign like, "Is it positive?" I said yes, it's positive! And he threw up his arms like "SCORE!" and turned to his friend who was there helping him work on his computer and said (or at least I'm pretty sure he said) "Dude we're pregnant!" I was so relieved! I was a little nervous as to his response. Of course we had talked about it and planned for it, but Greg just didn't initially want any more than 2 kids. I am so glad that he was excited too!!!
So come mid-to-late September, we will be a happy family of 5!!! I will be about 4 months along when Greg comes home from deployment. Greg's getting the better end of the deal, huh? He gets to miss the tired 1st trimester (luckily I don't get sick), and makes it back just in time for me to be gaining my energy back and to find out the sex of the baby!
What did the girls say you might ask? Well, Madison totally ignored me and went about playing. But Sam was excited. I sat down at the table with her and said "How would you feel about having a little brother or sister?" Sam's eyes got big, she smiled, and said a slow drawn out southern "Yeah!" I smiled and said "Mommy is growing a baby in her tummy!" She just stared at my gut with such a confused look on her face. I laughed, then said "Do you want a brother or a sister?" She originally said, "I want a brother AND a sister." Then she said she wanted a sister. I asked, "You want another sister like Madison?" She immediately said, "NO!" I said, "Remember, boys are brothers and girls are sisters." She then said, "I want a boy brother." Now, to everyone...it's a boy brother. She told her teachers at school the second we walked in that day, that her Mommy is growing her a boy brother in her tummy! Well, honey...I sure hope I am growing you a boy brother!!! But, of course we will be happy with ANY healthy baby!


*Update on Greg: He is now RL1 in the backseat! What is that? Hell, I don't know! haha He has completed his backseat training for the backseat. He is NOT Pilot in Command yet (he wanted to make sure I said that, so there is no confusion), he is just one step closer to becoming Pilot in Command. Other than that, nothing new. Oh, except for the big news.......he's gonna be a Daddy again! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment