Greg's flight was supposed to leave at 7am. We woke the kids up at 5:30am and we left at 6am to get to the Killeen airport. We found out the day before that we could get passes for me and the girls to go through security with Greg because he was on deployment. When we got there his flight was delayed until 8:40am. That was great, that meant we got an extra hour and a half with him. We got him checked in and then had breakfast and basically killed time. Greg initially said just drop him off and leave, then when we got there he said he'd go through security and we could leave. Ummm, NO. We will stay for every last second possible. Honey, it may be an inconvenience to you to park and walk someone to the door at the airport, but to me...it's a few minutes more that we can be together. I don't care about the few dollars I may have to pay by parking, the time with you is much more important. So, we went through the gate with him and ended up getting to spend another half hour with him. Until they finally called everyone to board. I thought it was going to be more difficult than it was but I surprised myself. I had refilled the girls Daddy jelly bean jars the night before and noticed how it was only half as full as it was last time - just 120 jelly beans...I can do 120 days easy! Sam even noticed completely on her own that there were not as many jelly beans. When I told her that was because Daddy was not going to be gone as long this time, that made her very excited. So, we said our goodbyes and held back a little tear, then it was back to life as a single mother...for 4 more months that is.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Blowing Daddy kisses as he turns back to say one last goodbye and I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment