Monday, December 7, 2009

Our New Ornament Making Tradition

The girls and I made several ornaments this morning! They really enjoyed making these. This will, without a doubt, be a regular tradition in our home...making ornaments each year! Growing up, our trees never had a theme...well, not one that most people now would think. Our "theme" was the fact that almost all of our ornaments had special meaning. They were homemade, or were purchased with a remembrance in mind. I much prefer that to specific themes. That is how our trees will be every year. I just love looking at the tree and being able to say to the girls...this was from your first Christmas, or this was from our first family vacation, or that was when Daddy took Mommy home to meet his family for the first time!



They made candy canes, Christmas trees, and Santa faces (out of their handprints). Of course I helped with the Santa faces, but the candy canes and Christmas trees were all theirs!! I forget who did which of the candy canes but the tree with tons of "ornaments" is of course Sam's, and the tree with the star perfectly placed in the middle of the tree is Madison's. Aren't they the most perfect trees and candy canes you've ever seen? Seriously, I think they are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment