{click on picture to see in full screen}We've been talking about putting trees up along the side of the house since we moved in...and finally we did it! And we added a super cool plant/flower filled island in the front corner of the house. It took me forever to pick out the flowers and plants because here in Texas all of the perennials are plain jane nothing to them flowers. But, Greg did an awesome job picking out the trees and planting them down the side of the house. In this picture you can only see two of the trees but we have a third one just outside of the picture on the back side of our property. He planted two Tex-Ash trees on either end, and a Maple in the center. In the "island" (I love calling it an island) we planted a Crape Myrtle tree in the center, two butterfly bushes on either side, some purple ground cover in the back (the florist said they spread like wildfire and you can't kill them -- we'll see about that!), Gerber daisies in the front (I know they are only annuals but I've always wanted those) and random perennials in between. I think it looks pretty good! What do you think?



No comments:
Post a Comment