Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mommy brain

This last week has been crazy and today was my not so subtle reminder to slow it down a little every once in a while!!
This morning I was trying to get the girls dressed so I could drop Sam off at MDO and run a bunch of errands. Sam was ready to go...now on to Madison. Greg was heading off to work but was gracious enough to change her diaper first. So I started putting socks on her while Greg was getting her cleaned up. Now the next few minutes are a little blurry...I thought Greg put a diaper on Madison (he was the one changing her, right?) and apparently he thought I was finishing up by putting the diaper on her since I was already dressing her. So, in all the confusion, Madison got dressed without a diaper! So, I went to 5 different places this morning, getting Madison in and out, in and out, then we finally made it back home for lunch (we were gone 3 hours). How in the world did I never notice????
Now, as if that wasn't crazy enough, here's the really wild part....
she never went potty...three hours of getting in and out of the car, being dragged around from store to store...she never went potty...until we walked in the door to the house. I carried her in, set her down in the kitchen, and immediately it was like a cup of juice spilled on the floor at her feet. I looked inside her pants and said "where in the world did your diaper go?" And it wasn't until that moment that I realized she had been without a diaper all morning.....and that I am suffering from a severe case of "mommy brain!"

No comments:

Post a Comment