Saturday, December 25, 2010

Teacher Gifts

Now that Christmas is here I can show you some of my handmade gifts this year.

Here are the teacher gifts I made. They each have a tub of a variety of homemade cookies, a decorated soap bottle, a post-it note holder, and Sam's teacher also got a UT Tervis Tumbler filled with Hershey kisses.



Decorated soap: I only spent $1 each on these, but I already had the other supplies.
Peel off the stickers and clean. Spray with a primer spray paint (2 light coats).
Spray with red spray paint (I did two coats but one covered plenty)
When completely dry and no longer sticky, stamp with foam stamps and white stamp pad. After giving the first set of gifts out I realized I needed to spray them with acrylic sealer so the stamped ink doesn't smudge. I feel bad...all three of Madison's teachers are going to smudge their soap dispenser as soon as they touch it. Oops.


Post-It note holder: Again, I only spent $1 on these because I already had the other supplies. Get a 4x6 plastic photo frame. Cut scrapbook paper to fit inside. Use glue dots to attach the post its to the front and embellish as you want! I also threw together a matching pen for Sam's teacher. Get an RSVP pen by Pental. Cut a matching piece of scrapbook paper 3 3/4 inches in length and I think it was 1.5 inches in width. Just roll up and slide in and voila, a matching pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment