
This year has been an exciting one for the Van Horn family. We started out the year with Greg in Iraq, having just come home from R&R during December. The first week of January we found out we were expecting our third little blessing. I was so incredibly excited, and so incredibly tired too. Note to self: getting pregnant during R&R, while a great idea in theory, is not the most wise choice! A year of taking care of two little girls by yourself, while also going through your first trimester...is exhausting to say the least! But, we made it through it well, and are stronger because of it.
Sam turned 4 years old in March and per her request, we had a color/art party and I made an awesome Crayola crayon box cake complete with crayons! Greg came home late April/Early May and boy were we excited to see him! Shortly thereafter we bought my awesome new mom mobile (Chrysler Town & Country...LOVE), then loaded up said new car and drove all the way up to Pennsylvania for a whirlwind 2 1/2 week, perfectly amazing, vacation with family. Greg and I also had our very first couple only weekend away from the kiddos! We met some good friends in Las Vegas. Man was that nice. After our busy summer the girls started back to school, Madi in the same Mom's Day Out program 2 days a week and Sam started 5 day a week all day pre-kindergarten at the private school in town, Memorial Christian Academy. It was a rough first two months getting used to school, but now Sam absolutely loves it and actually cried over Thanksgiving vacation when she couldn't go to school! Of course things didn't slow down then...we added our new addition, Danielle on 24September. She is such an amazing little girl. She eats well, she sleeps even better (giving Mommy wake-free nights since she was less than a month old), and she does not cry unless she is hungry! I turned 31 mid October and Greg turned 34 in early November, but who cares about that, eh! Just 3 short weeks after Dani was born, Madison celebrated her 3rd birthday. Per Madi's very specific request, I pulled together a "bubbles and balls and chocolate" party. We had a blast and the girls still talk about it. Then it was off to start the marathon of the holiday season. I am still getting used to life with three, and whoever told me that going from 2 to 3 is a breeze...was a flat-lyin'-cur-dog I tell ya! Going from 2 to 3 has been insane!!! But I am loving every minute of it. I love our little family and all its flaws. Now it's off to bed so we can wake up for our first Christmas alone, as a family of 5!!!
Merry Christmas to all of you. I hope that the New Year brings you everything you wish for.



No comments:
Post a Comment