This was our second day of nonstop rain and I had not heard any thunder or lightning either day so I thought it would be fun for them to play in the rain. I didn't realize it until they were getting dressed in raincoats and rain boots that they have never really played in the rain! Madison never has and if memory serves me right, we tried to let Sam play in the rain a few times but she didn't seem interested. They wanted to put their coats and boots on, but when they got on the porch they were hesitant to go any further. After some coercion they finally went out. I actually had to tell them to jump in the puddles! But once they got the hang of it, they LOVED it!!! After almost an hour of playing in the rain I told them they had to go inside. They didn't fight me at all. They were on the porch and I had taken Madison's coat and boots off and was moving on to help Sam get her coat off, and there went Madison...back into the rain in just her shirt and shorts! Of course Sam couldn't let her sister be the only one out in the rain so she joined her...again! It truly was tons of fun watching them play in the rain! It reminds me of when my childhood neighbors, Teresa, Travis, and I used to go out in the street and play in the rising water from the nearby stream (our street ALWAYS flooded when there was heavy rain). We actually went tubing down our street on multiple occassions! Those days were so much fun.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Playing in the Rain
This was our second day of nonstop rain and I had not heard any thunder or lightning either day so I thought it would be fun for them to play in the rain. I didn't realize it until they were getting dressed in raincoats and rain boots that they have never really played in the rain! Madison never has and if memory serves me right, we tried to let Sam play in the rain a few times but she didn't seem interested. They wanted to put their coats and boots on, but when they got on the porch they were hesitant to go any further. After some coercion they finally went out. I actually had to tell them to jump in the puddles! But once they got the hang of it, they LOVED it!!! After almost an hour of playing in the rain I told them they had to go inside. They didn't fight me at all. They were on the porch and I had taken Madison's coat and boots off and was moving on to help Sam get her coat off, and there went Madison...back into the rain in just her shirt and shorts! Of course Sam couldn't let her sister be the only one out in the rain so she joined her...again! It truly was tons of fun watching them play in the rain! It reminds me of when my childhood neighbors, Teresa, Travis, and I used to go out in the street and play in the rising water from the nearby stream (our street ALWAYS flooded when there was heavy rain). We actually went tubing down our street on multiple occassions! Those days were so much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment