Sam started gymnastics this week. She goes Wednesday's from 5:30-6:30pm at Texas Tumblers. She adores it. We went last week to check out the dance (ballet/tap/jazz) and the gymnastics, so maybe between the two of us we could make a better decision as to which class she should start out taking. I really wanted her in dance, though if I had it exactly how I wanted she would be in both...but such is life! Greg really wanted gymnastics...so there we go again...Greg getting his way, as usual (love you babe). No, I started asking Sam the day before we went to check out the classes and she said gymnastics every time I asked her. We went to look at the classes (we only got to peek at about 5 minutes of their dance lesson) and she said dance a few times. But I asked her probably 30 different ways and she only said dance the three times I asked her while we were in there watching the dance class. When we left the dance class she started saying she wanted both dance and gymnastics. After a few times of her saying that, I told her she had to choose one or the other and from that point out it was gymnastics every single time. So, gymnastics it is!
{They have an enclosed observation deck upstairs so pardon the glare from the glass and the background noise. Madison was having a good time finding her sister in the sea of bodies below, then saying "Good job Sam" and so on. There is a much longer video that I couldn't download here. It is of them doing their "obstacle course" in the beginning of class. The video ended up being almost two minutes and the file is too big for here. So watch for some more gymnastics videos with the monthly pictures.}
I can't for the life of me remember what it's called when they dip their feet like that...when I took gymnastics we always called it scooping the ice cream, but I know there is a slightly more technical term than that!
trying to flip on the bars
My girls are growing up. Ugh. Soon I will be going every which-a-way taking the kids from one after school activity to the next. Why does time go so fast?
**Update on Greg: I need to clear something up. I was so excited about Greg's news from the other day that I got the information slightly wrong. He DID in fact get chosen to be the next Pilot in Command trainee, but he did NOT start the other day. He was just starting his back seat training in preparation for PC training. He does not have a date yet as to when he officially starts PC training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment