Monday, February 9, 2009

Working on getting that Froggie out of Sam's room!

So I had my first member social today to meet new members of my playgroup! It was weird being the one who people are looking for at the meetup, instead of being the one trying to join! It's kinda nice though!

It was so nice out today that the girls were able to play outside in the morning, after lunch, and again after naptime! That's a welcome relief after Sam has not been doing good with bedtime and naptime lately. Once she gets to sleep we don't have any issues, it's getting to sleep that is an issue. Two days ago she woke up in the middle of the night screaming for me to come get her and when I did she told me she was scared of the froggie in her bed and that she had to sleep in Daddy's bed (code for OUR bed but since she never sees me asleep in it, it's only Daddy's bed). After I made sure there in fact was no froggie, I rocked with her for a while then tried to put her back down and immediately she was screaming she was scared of the froggie, so I went ahead and took her to my bed and laid with her until she was snoring and tried again to put her in her own bed...again she woke from a deep sleep screaming about that froggie again. So, I gave up and let her sleep with me, and Daddy just slept downstairs. Note to self, NEVER do that again!!! I was kicked all night, and woke up in the morning lying on my side hanging off the bed, and Sam's legs were draped over my back, her arm on my head! Anyway, the next day at naptime she screamed again that she was afraid of the froggie, so since then she has slept on her mattress in the middle of her floor! And amazingly enough she still stays in bed calling for me when she wakes...even on the floor!

I am glad that Greg is almost finished building Sam's big girl bed. Maybe then we can get her off the floor! Did I mention he's building her bed? And he is doing a fine job might I add! He is building her a platform bed with two drawers on each side, and the footboard will be in the shape of a doll house, with shelves for books! Pretty cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment