Saturday, July 2, 2011

Update on Greg

I got to talk to Greg last night after the girls went to bed! I almost missed him. I am so happy I stayed downstairs just a few minutes longer before going to bed!!
There isn't much to say, other than he wants to call his parents and grandparents, but it is so difficult right now. They knew they'd be working nights when they got there, but in addition to that, their work days are really long. They have a 20 minute carpool ride, one-way, across/around the base to their office. Then they are rushed to switch shifts with the other guys, before rushing out to the flight line, and taking off for long missions! Between working nights, having long work days, and having such a time difference (did I tell you they are 8 1/2 hours ahead, yes there is a half hour in there), it is so hard to catch us here. We've only gotten to talk to him a few times total.
He still hasn't gotten to fire his weapons yet, but has had several really close times. He will get there before we know it! He is only a couple of weeks into it, there will definitely be time!
The food still sucks, the place still stinks, and that's about it! HAHA
Jason is back, so he has his permanent roommate now.

Oh my gosh...I almost forgot the best part...this is certainly not set in stone, and most likely will change as you know, but his R&R dates are tentatively set for 15Jan-2Feb!! That's seven months, instead of the 8 month mark like we wanted, but we'll take it! We are thankful it's not as early as some people have to take theirs (3 and 4 months into it)!

No comments:

Post a Comment