I cannot believe it but our deployment time is coming to an end! As we speak Greg is flying the helicopters they will be bringing home with them to the port and preparing them for their boat ride stateside. Supposedly, and that is a big supposedly, Greg will be heading out of there on the 18th, and making it home around the 20th. I haven't gotten to talk to them since the day before they headed down to Kuwait and I don't know when I'll get to talk to him again before he gets home. They will be busy cleaning and breaking down the helicopters, getting them through customs, and loaded on the boats...so needless to say, he's gonna be a busy fella!!
I am supposed to get a call 72 hours out to let me know when the ceremony will be but I will not know when exactly his plane is set to come in until 24 hours in advance. Nothing is official until I get the call 24 hours out. For safety reasons, they do not even let us "officially" know until they are in the air.
And I'm really nervous about that, because rumor has it some people are not getting their necessary phone calls from Rear Detachment letting them know when to pick up their family members!
They will have one pissed off pregnant Mama here if I don't get my phone call!!!
They do, however, have a web address that you can go to the day of to watch the homecoming ceremony live on the web. As soon as I navigate my way there and figure out what to do (so that I can instruct you on how to do it), I will post that link here. I have heard in the past though that you MUST get on that website as early as you can before the ceremony and keep yourself on that site until it starts...because once it gets close to ceremony time, tons of people try to log on and it gets overcrowded and then people can't get on the site anymore. If you don't get on right away, keep refreshing your screen until you get on (if you are able to).
I will keep you posted with as much information as we can share, as I get it!!!
I am getting sooooo excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment