Here are the girls all dressed in their Valentine best!
These are Sam's Valentine's for her classmates and playgroup friends. Aren't they adorable? Take a GOOD long look at these, because I will NEVER be doing them again! It took me a lot of days and a lot of miles to find all of the candy necessary for these candy trains. After going to every Wal-Mart, Target, grocery store, Walgreens, etc in the area I finally found everything...except the damn Life Savers. I had to drive to Temple to the Sam's Club to get those. And do you know how much freakin candy you have to buy (of every kind) to make 30 trains? Let me tell you....A LOT! But, are they not the cutest things ever??? Sam loved helping me, with about 8 of them...then she was done with it. The tags read: "I Choo-Choo-Choose You! Happy Valentine's Day {heart}, Sam" Sam signed her name on all of them.
After not being able to find shovels to make the Valentine's that I wanted for Madison to give, I decided on pink Rice Krispie hearts on a lollipop stick. I just made the Rice Krispie treats as usual (adding red food coloring to the melted marshmallows) but adding 1 1/2 times as many marshmallows as called for, and 1 entire stick of butter instead of the 2 Tbls it calls for. That makes them much gooier (yes that is a word, I totally looked it up! ha). Then I lined my pans in wax paper and spread them in as usual, then cut out hearts with a cookie cutter (make sure you dip the cookie cutter in water before each use - that way it doesn't stick). Then I plopped a stick in the bottom and VOILA! Her tags read "I "heart" you! Happy Valentine's Day, Madison"
Here is a view of each without their wrapping.



No comments:
Post a Comment