Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Many Things I Am Thankful For...

I am thankful for my mom, who dropped what she had to do to come stay with me and the girls for the weekend simply because I said...that I may have to plead temporary insanity! ;)

I am thankful for my children who make me realize every day that being a mother IS the toughest job on earth!

I am thankful for tired little 3 year olds that say "I love you Mommy" out of the blue!

I am thankful for the nice people in the world that find Sam's baby doll, wherever it is that Sam has left her this time, and keep her safe until we get back to pick her up...even if it is all the way back in Austin.

I am thankful for the Army, who reminds me every day that Daddy is gone to never give up on a marriage...because doing it alone sucks!

I am thankful for video messaging and how it keeps us connected to Daddy.

I am thankful for Hershey's Candy Cane kisses...oh my gosh are they scrumptious!

I am thankful for my husband, who works hard to take care of us financially so that I am able to stay at home to raise our children the way we prefer.

I am thankful for a new week in a new month, because the last month was disjointed and rapidly wore us all down, but now we are almost back to our happy selves.

I am thankful for my laptop, which enables me to watch my kids while watching for Daddy (or playing around on the Internet!).

I am thankful for smartypants girls. At 2 years and 3 years old they are certainly letting us know how smart they are. No matter what I may think at the time, I truly am thankful for them!

I am thankful for DVR, without it...well, I just don't want to think what life would be like without it.

I am thankful for my husband, who puts up with my wacky obsessive behavior. He understands me (most of the time) and the distance between us has helped him learn when I need him to just shut up and listen. I love you for that, and a million other reasons too.

I am thankful that my 3 year old has now hit the "why" stage, because no matter how annoying it is, it keeps me on my toes.

I am thankful that my 2 year old has finally gotten the hang of "going stinky" in the potty and not in her panties!

I am thankful for purple legal pads. They enable me to keep my hundreds of lists in one place, and are my favorite color!

I am thankful for blonde hair, blue eyed little girls that call me Mommy and tell me they love me every day. Having two little girls fight over who gets to hold my hand for the last 20 minutes of an hour long drive helps me forget that my arm went numb 5 minutes into it.

I am thankful the Army understands that certain soldiers have wives that over-plan everything, and are willing to work with us to an extent on dates to come home on R&R so that it coincides with a certain monthly cycle.

And most importantly........I AM THANKFUL THAT WE ONLY HAVE ABOUT 35 DAYS BEFORE WE GET TO HOLD DADDY IN OUR ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment