Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black Friday disappointment


From the looks of it you'd think I scored big on Black Friday this year, but truthfully...it sucked. Mom and I left at 3:30am to make it to ToysRUs (an hour and a half drive away) first thing to pick up our biggest steal of the day, a Leapster2 to give Sam on her birthday, on sale for $29.99 from $59.99. Turns out, not only were they sold out, but they weren't even on sale...it was actually the regular Leapster on sale. Oops. I did find it at Target for $15 off so I went ahead and picked it up (mainly to help me out with getting more in gift cards). I got the adorable little Cow humidifier 1/2 off at ToysRUs being that I can't buy a filter for our old humidifier anywhere and this one doesn't have one...and the girls are both sick right now.
I got the Tag Jr. $10 off at Target and I used a $5 off coupon to get an even better deal, so now Sam will get the Tag Reader (that I picked up a few weeks ago for an awesome $19.99 deal from $50 original price) and Madi will get her own Tag Jr. The Lightening McQueen was only $4 off at Target. The Geo Trax...my "big purchase" for the girls this year...was not on sale anywhere on this big Earth this year.
Actually, the only really great deals I got this year were for a couple of DVDs for the girls and measly clothes, socks, and underware (big steals on those items). I also got some great stocking stuffer deals, the princesses were $3 from $8 at Kohls. Oh, and I made out with a $20 gift card from Target after spending $200.
I also got some great Saturday deals at Old Navy today. They had $5 thermal shirts for the entire family, all kid jeans (and khackis) were $10 and all adult pants were $15. Fleece pants for the girls were also $5.
That's it...I had to pay full price for my "big purchases" this year...blah! After getting pretty darn good at couponing this year, I am really disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment