Sorry I forgot to update on Greg the other day when I heard from him. I have probably forgotten half of what he said by now. I will try to post immediately after we talk next time, which should be any time now...he was supposed to call yesterday.
Greg is now in his permanent room. He has no roommate at this time. His friend, Jason, will be his roommate, though Jason was sent out West to help out over there when they first got here, and he will be back soon, but until then Greg has the room to himself.
They are still really busy. They are flying 5-6 hour flights. He has gone on some missions, and has seen some "bad guys" but hasn't been able to shoot any yet (Sam asks him if he's shot any bad guys every time we talk to him, LOL). He said at one point he was engaged to shoot, but at the last second was told to stand down -- didn't make Greg too happy...the "bad guys" got away!
He says the chow hall across the base has awesome scrambled omelets!! But other than that, the food is the regular mediocre food it always is. He says it still smells like poo there, all day every day, never stops. And the water...bottled water...tastes like dirt. I asked him if we should send bottled water to him...he laughed and said no way! With the dry heat, he is drinking 15 or so bottles of water every day! But he did request the Crystal Light iced tea packets for bottled water (he also likes lemonade). I am sure he'd also enjoy the occasional Kool Aid packets! So, these bottled water flavoring packets would be a great idea for something to add to your care packages!
That's about all I can remember right now. I hope to have more to update soon!
P.S. And I have not forgotten about posting pictures...I have over 2,000 pictures for the month of June, so it is taking quite a long time to go through them all while taking care of 3 kiddos by myself (especially when one naps in the room that I edit the pictures in)!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment